Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Today is National Chicken Wing Day. Don't forget to vote in Framingham Patch's Best of Readers Choice poll on the The last day to cast a vote is Aug. 17.
2. Whether you are looking to move to Framingham, get a bigger house or downsize in Framingham, check out the
3. For the 7th year in a row, the opening ceremonies of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure® was held at Farm Pond in Framingham. The race will end today.
4. Yesterday afternoon, a couple of storms rolled through Framingham, dropping more than 2 inches of water. There was flash flooding on Route 9, at the Route 126 intersection (no surprise to locals) and minor street flooding on some other roadways.
5. In Day 1 at the 2012 London Olympic gamess, the men's archery team won the first medal for the Americans in 2012, with a silver. They lost the gold by one point. And Ryan Lochte won USA's first gold medal of the 2012 games, winning the 400IM. Michael Phelps didn't medal, finishing fourth.
Today, July 29 in London, the the Fab Five women’s gymnastics team, featuring Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Massachusetts' Aly Raisman, Kyla Ross and Jordyn Wieber debuts in the team competition for Team USA.
Also today, the U.S. men’s basketball takes on France. Men's indoor volleyball team will match up against Serbia. In the Aquatics Center, both Phelps and Lochte are back in the pool, as is Missy Franklin who compete in in her best event the backstroke.