Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Tonight is the first Miss Framingham pageant. The organizers of the Miss Natick pageant are organizing this event tonight at 7 at the Natick AMVETS Hall. The website says "Miss Framingham will have her own court and will be the star as she reigns for her title year. Miss Framingham's first official duty will be riding along with her court in the 4th of July Parade in Natick along side the Courts of Natick and Ashland. Miss Framingham will serve her town over her year of service and work hard to unite the community." Girls ages 10-18 will compete.
2. The Framingham libraries - and - will close early today at 5:30 p.m. The Library also will be closed on Independence day.
3. Senior citizen exercise takes place at 10 a.m. at the
4. The Pearl Street Cupboard & Café is open today at 5 p.m.
5. Framingham, and neighboring Natick, no longer host July 4th fireworks, but if you love them check our our list of places to see fireworks.