Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. DREAM BIG - READ, the Framingham libraries summer reading program kicks off today at 10 a.m. While signups begin at both libraries today there is a Barn Babies baby animal program at the this morning from 10 a.m. to noon. Throughout the summer, the library will offer special programming on Wednesdays, along with its popular guessing jar and trivia contests with prizes. Keep track of your reading over the summer and win a prize and get a special t-shirt just for participating in the summer reading program.
2. The are celebrating their with a community celebration from noon to 6 at the The Elks will be hosting a free outdoor concert at The Lodge, featuring two bands. The event is free and open to the public but the Elks are asking attendees to help them send supplies to Veterans.
3. Whole Foods Marketplace will hold a program today at 10 a.m. Today's program focuses on smoothies.
4. oday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the . Friends members can shop early at 9:30 a.m. This is the last book sale until September. Stock up on summer reading!
5. Stop by the Fountain Street Fine Art gallery for its new . Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.