Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Tonight is the the Annual Salute To Framingham. Honorees include Sharon Gilbert, the owner and founder of Timothy’s Toy Box, a Framingham based non-profit corporation established in 2007 to help local children in need during the holiday season and Tony Tolson, who has been active in the Town of Framingham youth sports for the past decade.
The event also will recognize Framingham teachers and staff who go the extra
mile to make each day "special" in the Framingham public schools.
The gala event starts at 6 p.m. at the Sheraton ballroom.
2. The Democratic and the Republican candidates for the U.S. Senate seat, vacated by John Kerry, will debate tonight.
Gabriel Gomez, one of the Republican candidates for the senate seat, recently came to Framingham for a meet and greet at the home of Janet & John Leombruno. Gomez is a first-generation American, former Navy SEAL, Harvard Business School graduate and businessman from Massachusetts. He is running because he wants to ensure the American Dream will be there for his children, said Leombruno. He's served before and he wants to serve again, she added.
The primary election is Tuesday, April 30th.
3. The MetroWest Gymkats from the MetroWest YMCA valuted onto the podium at their recent meet.
4. Don't miss any news in Framingham! Sign up for our daily Framingham Patch newsletter and our breaking newsletter at www.Framingham.Patch.com/newsletters
5. A last Friday was according to the Westborough District Court criminal clerk's office.