Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Musical duo returns to the tonight at 7.
Notorious features Larry Unger on guitar and banjo and Eden MacAdam-Somer on fiddle and vocals. They perform a great variety of music including traditional American, Celtic, Swing and Eastern-European tunes. Sponsored in part by The Friends of the Framingham Library, the concert is free.
2. still has a few spaces in its basic camcorder workshop on Thursday nights, which begins tonight at 7. The public access organization's camcorder workshop is a great way to get involved in the community media center. Folks who complete this workshop can check out our professional camcorders and produce programs and cover a wide range of events of their choosing for telecast on AF-TV (RCN Channel 3, Comcast Channel 9, and Verizon Channel 43.) The workshop runs three consecutive Thursday nights from 7 to 9 p.m. The Access Framingham workshops are included in the $30 annual membership fee.
3. Sunday, May 13 Rabbi Bazar is the guest speaker at thebreakfast. He will speak on his experience in Afghanistan. Breakfast starts at 9:30 a.m. Admission is $8. RSVP to email@example.com
4. Today is the last early release day for elementary, middle and high school students in the Framingham Public Schools.
5. Framingham Town Meeting - night 9 - is set to resume tonight at 7:30, or when a quorum is reached, at inside the . Town Meeting members will continue with article 34, the town's operating budget. . To see what you missed on nights , , , , , , and read our other live blogs.
Editor's Note: There may not be a live blog for tonight's Town Meeting. I will not be attending, but Framingham Patch will have a reporter/writer at the meeting.