Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. . The missing teen was recognized in West Roxbury by a Framingham woman who had seen his picture on Patch.
2. Tonight, the MetroWest ESL is holding a 1940-style Latin Ball for its annual fundraiser. Tickets are $100 for the event at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel.
“We have a new spin on things this year,” says MWESL Fund Committee Chair Bruce Weisberg, a Senior Vice President at Middlesex Savings Bank. “We wanted to do something different. Unlike the usual benefit dinners of the past, this time we’re adding some music and dancing, and everyone’s invited.”
Hector Cuevos and his 16-piece Boston Latin Band are providing the music, while teachers from Arthur Murray Dance Studios will help get the crowd moving. A complimentary buffet dinner is included in the ticket price, with specialty desserts, coffees, and drinks available for purchase separately.
Framingham Adult ESL Director Christine Tibor describes the event as “a Havana club in the 1940s,” where attendees are welcome to dress up in period costume, or come just as they are. “The idea is that everyone will have a great time, with all proceeds to benefit the ESL program, which serves over 600 students annually,” she says. “And we’re so fortunate that we have been issued a matching fund challenge by Lisa and Sean McGrath of the Highland Street Foundation. If we raise $70,000, they will donate an additional $30,000, bringing our total up over $100,000.”
3. Today is Community Metrowest Wellness Day, sponsored by www.framinghamchiropractic.com. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Richard Wexler and Framingham Chiropractic is offering FREE evaluations to new patients. If you've had questions about chiropractic care or experienced back, arm or neck pain call to make an appointment for a free:
- 15 minute trigger point massages
- 15 minute holistic nutrition consultation
- 30 minute micro-current facelift or body toning
4. Framingham Town Meeting resumes tonight at 7:30 in Nevins Hall in the Memorial Building. This will be Day 11.
NOTE: There may be NO live blog tonight as I am off.
Wednesday night, Framingham Town Meeting approved a
To see what you have missed since Town Meeting began, check out our live blogs from Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 7, Day 8 and Day 9.
5. NMTW Community Credit Union, which has an office in Framingham, will change its name to Align Credit Union in September.