Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham will hold a tomorrow, May 28 at noon on the steps of the . The public is invited. If the weather is stormy, the ceremony will be held inside.
2. 's senior class held their prom in Boston Friday night. Thanks for the photos already uploaded; please continue to upload your pre-prom and prom photos at this link.
3. More than 130 teams will be competing in the second day of the 31st Annual Memorial Day Classic Soccer Tournament, hosted by Framingham United Soccer Club, in four locations on 19 fields. Teams travel from all over New England and New York to compete. Stop by Framingham High, Merchant Field, Loring/Barbieri and Galvani Field to cheer on your favorite team. Last night, four teams, competed under the lights at Bowditch Field. Check out photos from and wins Friday night from . Framingham Patch will have more photos and videos from the tournament up soon.
4. Olympus on My Mind ends it runs at the Amazing Things Arts Center today. The musical comedy tell the tale Jupiter's transformation from "one wild and crazy god" into a deity of love and compassion. The production features Framingham’s Dayna Demers as Delores, an ex-Vegas showgirl whose husband backed the show, and Jim Fitzpatrick, a Meditech programmer, as Jupiter, the god who comes to earth on a whim and learns about love.
5. Shop & Explore MetroWest this Memorial Day weekend and through June 3. Download a special app for your smart phones and tablets with all the deals. The code is uploaded to this article. More than 100 retailers, restaurants, cultural institutions and recreational areas in 19 communities throughout the MetroWest region of Massachusetts will be holding scores of promotions and special events for visitors and local residents, sponsored by the MetroWest Tourism & Visitors Bureau.