Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Dr. Frank Mazzaglia wil be guest speaker at this morning's Brotherhood Breakfast, co-sponsored by Jewish War Veterans and Temple Beth Am Brotherhood. Dr. Mazzaglia is a weekly columnist and a professor at Curry College, where he teaches Sociology, Criminal Justice, Communication and Management. He will speak about John Weidner, a Dutch Seventh-day Adventist living in occupied France who organized an underground movement of some 300 Catholics and Protestants to move 1,000 Jews from house to house until they could be guided over the Alps to safety in Switzerland or Spain. Breakfast begins at 9 a.m.
2.There is a reception today from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at for students. The .
3.There is a reception today for students from the , who were selected to participate in a 6X6 art show at the at 2 p.m.
5. , with sponsorship from will conclude its weekend on the The encampment is free but admission to other events will require a button - $5 per person. They will be sold on site. The camp will be open today from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. These are several events, but please visit www.framinghamhistory.org for a complete schedule:
- 9 a.m. Church service at Edgell Grove Cemetery Chapel
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Tours available at ; Chapel open
- 12:30 p.m. Saxonville Mills presentation
- 1 p.m. Canon firing
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Treasure Hunt for kids & families