Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Diosa Dance Yoga Health is hosting a Natural Woman Party Launch at 7:30 p.m.
2. Bring your Baby to the Danforth Museum of Art today at 10 a.m. The program is for parents with babies, from birth to 12 months, where the galleries will be closed to others. Light refreshments will be served. Drop-ins welcomed. $12 per adult Babies are free.
3. This is the last weekend to see the exhibit The Balance Between: Recent paintings by James Rayen and Cheryl Clinton at the Fountain Street Fine Art gallery. Nature and landscape, with water in one form or another translated in paint, link the work of both painters featured in this exhibit. The gallery is open today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. This year is the 120th birthday of silent film star Mary Pickford, and the main Framingham Library is celebrating by holding a free screening of her last film, the romantic comedy My Best Girl at 7 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
5. We have extended the deadline to enter Patch's Best Halloween Costume in America contest to Nov. 5. National judges will choose 21 finalists from each Patch state and select one grand prize winner based on who has the most creative and innovative costume. Each state finalist will receive $250 and one grand prize winner will receive $5,000. Click here to upload your photo!