Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. There is a Community Bonfire tonight at 6:30 at Bowditch Field. Hosted by Framingham Park & Recreation Department, the event is held every other year to support the Framingham High School football team who will battle rival Natick High on Thanksgiving. There is no admission fee for the bonfire.
Framingham High will host Natick at 10 a.m. at Bowditch Field on Thursday, Nov. 22 for the annual Thanksgiving day football game. This is one of the oldest rivalries - more than a century old.
2. Fuller Middle School's Annual Turkey Trot takes place this morning. The Turkey Trot is a one-mile race around the school. Each grade level gets to participate in the run! Fuller students love this traditional event, followed by a pep rally in the gym!
3. Parents, today is an early release day for all schools. Most will not be serving lunch to students so the release time will be even earlier than typical early release days.
4. Tomorrow, more than 2,000 people will get a hot Thanksgiving meal thanks to the Annual Curtis Family Thanksgiving. We will be lending a hand again tonight with her Girl Scout Troop, but financial donations are still needed to. To donate, click here.
5. Framingham Board of Health voted unanimously Tuesday night to close Red Pepper restaurant due to violations.