Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Tomorrow is election day and one of the hottest races in the country after the presidential election is the Brown-Warren senate race.
And today, both Sen. Scott Brown and challenger Elizabeth Warren will be in Framingham.
Warren is holding a rally at Framingham High with Congressman Ed Markey at 5 p.m. Brown will be at the Republican campaign office on Route 9 to rally and thank supporters at 3 p.m.
2. Framingham School Committee is scheduled to meet tonight in the King Building at 8. Prior to the meeting there will be a on-hour workshop at 7 to hear a report on a demographic study and a facility use plan. On the agenda for 8 p.m. is the Schools' Fiscal Year capital plan for FY14-FY19 and discussion of the FY13 budget.
3. Veterans Yoga at Edwards Church at 6 p.m.
4. Workshop for Writers: Writing About Your Life begins tonight at the main Framingham Library. Led by Nadine Kenney Johnstone, writer and instructor at Framingham State University. In this four-session workshop, participants will read published non-fiction examples, brainstorm a list of ideas for their own story or essay, workshop each others’ rough drafts, revise, and bring in their final drafts (of up to five pages) to read aloud on the last day of class. This is a nurturing environment, open to writers of all levels. Each session (Nov. 5, 19, 26 and Dec. 3) is 7 to 8:30 p.m.
5. They will compete for the Massachusetts title this weekend.