Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The Yoga of Jesus at Edwards Church at 7 p.m. There are many paths to enlightenment and union with God. Jesus’ path is clear and straight and laden with graces. Learn His ‘yoga’ or method of reuniting with the inner Divine. The class if for yoga lovers, Christians, and all spiritual seekers who want to learn more about the parallels of spiritual teachings across religious traditions. The session is interactive and experiential. Bring a yoga mat or zafu/meditation pillow, or participate from a chair (provided). Session is led by Rev. Mary Francis Drake. $5 to $20 suggested donation.
2. Framingham School Committee cancelled its meeting for tonight. Selectmen, moved its scheduled meeting tonight to Wednesday, due to the Jewish holiday, said chair Charlie Sistsky.
3. There are still spaces available in Framingham Parks & Recreation movement dance classes for children ages 3-5 and 5-7.
- The 3-5 age class meets on Tuesdays, beginning Oct. 9 from 3:15 to 4 p.m. and costs $55. Class ends on Nov. 20.
- The 5-7 age class meets on Tuesdays, beginning Oct. 9 from 4:15 to 5 p.m. and costs $55. Class ends on Nov. 20.
4. Historic District Commission Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the Memorial Building.
5. The Performing Arts Center of MetroWest will off 10-weeks of Acting for Adults, starting Wednesday, Oct. 3. Using games, exercises, monologues and scene-work, the class introduces students to the basics of acting (such as ‘talk and listen’) while encouraging each student to ‘play’ in a comfortable and engaging environment. Classes are Wednesdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Ten classes for $226. For ages 16 and older. To register, email email@example.com