Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. All of the schools in Framingham are closed today; this includes the public school system, Marian High, Keefe Technical, McAuliffe Charter, Learning Center for the Deaf and St. Bridget School. Mass Bay Community College and Framingham State University are both closed too.
2. The MetroWest YMCA is closed. All jury service, including at Framingham District Court, has been cancelled. The Governor, speaking at the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency in Framingham, recommended schools closes and private businesses consider closing too. Please check our list of closures on our Facebook page or post new closures here in the comments section. If want to stay up-to-date on MEMA and the storm, download the new Ping4Alert! app.
3. As of 1 a.m., no word if the Town of Framingham will collect trash or leaves today.
4. Please call ahead before attending any events in our calendar. Many have been cancelled or rescheduled.
5. Today is the anniversary of the Snowtober storm of 2011, which some also called the Halloween Nor'easter. At one point up to 17 percent of Framingham was without power and heat - some didn't have it return until Nov. 3. A year later, we'd still love to see your photos and hear your thoughts about that storm.