UPDATED: State hearing will now be held in the Blumer Community Room at the Memorial Building tonight at 7.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The state will hold a hearing today at 7 p.m. in the Ablondi Room at the Memorial Building to hear feedback from the public on its proposed downtown traffic and street improvements plan. The proposal would rebuild and resurface from Gordon Street to Lincoln Street on Route 126 and the existing rotary would be replaced by a three-way signalized intersection at Union Avenue and Concord Street.
2. Due to the Jewish holiday, Selectmen are holding their meeting tonight following the public hearing in the Ablondi Room at the Memorial Building. On the agenda is to close the Oct. 16 Special Town Meeting warrant and to appoint an interim moderator until the town election in the Spring.
3. Tickets on sale for the Million Dollar Murder Mystery performed by the Framingham Community Theatre opening night performance at Village Hall tonight at 7. Dessert only served on Thursday. Tickets $25. No tickets sold at the door. There is a dinner theatre performance on Friday and Saturday night and a matinee lunch performance on Sunday. Again no tickets at the door.
4. Tonight is the Metro West Women's Alliance Ruby Slippers Gala. Tickets are still available.
5. We hear there were technical difficulties with the broadcast of Monday night's School Committee. Click here to see 5 Things you might have missed from the meeting.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.