What better way to celebrate icy cold January than with your favorite Arctic bird?
Penguin Awareness Day is tomorrow, Jan. 20—so bundle up your kids and take them to the New England Aquarium in Boston to learn more about penguins, a native bird from Antarctica. This is a great opportunity to get everyone out of the house and see penguins in action. ... "I can walk like a penguin ..."
Penguin Awareness Day became a holiday in order to raise awareness to the fact that these flightless birds are on the endangered species list.
Other ways to celebrate this holiday include:
- Dressing like a penguin (those tuxedos are cute!)
- Donating to Non-Profit Organizations that Help Penguins
- Adopt a Penguin
- Educate yourself about penguins and share what you learn with family and friends
- Watch a Penguin Movie.
- Read a book about Penguins. Try the main Framingham Library or Barnes & Noble Booksellers in Shoppers World.
- Indulge in Penguin Desserts.
TELL US: How will you celebrate this fun holiday?