Carlos Ferrari said the fire started in his home at 209 Cochituate Rd.
"My son lost everything in the fire as it started in his room," wrote Ferrari to Framingham Patch.
Although no one was injured in the fire, American Red Cross volunteers assisted the family of five adults displaced by a fire.
"Volunteers are providing the family with emergency temporary shelter at a hotel, emergency funds for food and comfort kits (toiletries). Two family members are receiving additional funds for clothing," said Red Cross Communication Manager Ashley Studley.
Ferrari said "I'm raising money for the house, which burned."
A GoFundMe.com has been established at http://www.gofundme.com/8r4ehk
In 6 days, 25 people have raised $900. The Ferrari family is hoping to raise $1,500.