Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Transition Framingham is holding a free garden tour today. Come tour Framingham’s community gardens as well as individual vegetable gardens. Get inspiration, ideas and advice from our local gardeners, including Carpool starts from the Victory Garden at the , at the corner of Water and Brook streets at 9:30 a.m. The tour will last about 3 hours.
2. Your invite to a summer party at Cochituate Homes, a limited equity housing cooperative for low and very low income families. Property manager Karen Espinoza would like to invite the "whole town" to the end of the summer party today. She said it will provide "an excellent opportunity to actually see the area of town with the highest poverty and meet some of the people who live there. This is a way to celebrate the diversity of our town." The event is noon to 4 p.m. at 12A Interfaith Terrace. It will include arts and crafts, a bouncy house and dunk tank, health-related information booths, and a cookout. "Due to the nature of Cochituate Homes housing, we have limited resources to help us fund these types of events, and we would like to request any donations (cash or food) to assist us with the event," said Espinoza.
3. The Bay State Bucs travel to to take on the tonight at 7. During halftime the Framingham youth football program will display its talent for the crowd as they prepare for their season!
4. will take the stage at at 8.
5. Did anyone watch America's Next Top Model: College Edition last night on the CW? If you did, you might have spotted Framingham High graduate and University of Rhode Island student Leila Marie Goldkuhl, 20. She is one of 13 students competing for the title in the latest edition of Tyra Banks show.