Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. School leaders wll host a public tour of __ and the former __) this morning at 8 a.m. School leaders are trying to decide which building better suits its long-range planning needs. There will be a guided tour and a slideshow. The public is invited.
2. The Framingham Downtown Renaissance organizaton is hosting its first-ever Winter Wonderland & Festival of Trees today. From 10 a.m. to noon, community organizations, including schools and Scouts, will be decorating trees. From 11 a.m. to about noon, Santa is expected to make a visit downtown. From noon to 2 p.m. judges Town Clerk Valerie Mulvey, Selectman Dennis Giombetti and State Rep. Chris Walsh will be judging the decorated trees. At 3 p.m. about two dozen trees will be auctioned off. In between, locals are encouraged to shop and stroll through downtown Framingham. Look for red snowflakes on storefront windows. These businesses will be participating in the raffle and offering discounts.
3. Today is the This is a fabulous fair, which takes place at Keefe Tech. I am sad I will be missing it. Great place to find one-of-a-kind gifts. Dozens upon dozens of vendors.Admission is $2 for adults.
4. Today is also Framingham Public Library's The free admission event takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the main library.
5. The__ in cooperation with the __and the Framingham Medical Reserve Corps is sponsoring a __; open to residents of all communities. In conjunction with the __ the Framingham Board of Health and the Corps will be offering a free flu vaccine to people aged 6 months old and up. If you do have health insurance you are asked to please bring your health insurance card with you.