Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for Framingham, effective 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday. Sustained wind of 20 to 30 mph from the west can be expected. The strongest wind is forecast for later today, but should start diminishing tonight. A high wind warning is issued when sustained wind is forecast to be 40 mph for at least one hour, or with gusts of 58 mph or stronger at any time. Power outages are likely.
2. Framingham's this morning from 9-11. The free event will have a Lorax theme. This year, in partnership with , the Dr. Seuss classic will also be presented in American Sign Language.
3. are holding a tonight 7-midnight, featuring music from the 70s, 80s & 90s. Admission $5.
4. Today is the final regular season swim meet for the . The Frogs will travel to Weston for a 1 p.m. meet. Regionals are next month.
5. Award-winning for a classical concert at the at 2 p.m. They will perform the works of Bach, Beethoven, Ysaye and Clara Schumann.