Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Still unhappy about your tax bill? Homeowners must file any abatement with the assessor's office by 5 p.m. on Feb. 1 or postmarked by Feb. 1. Not sure how to fill out the paperwork, the assessor's office will provide assistance on Jan. 19 and 26 between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m.; but homeowners are welcome to stop by any day with questions. And tonight there is a meeting at 7 in the Memorial Building.
2. is hosting at 7:30 p.m. The event is free.
3. The 15-member Screening Committee are scheduled to interview candidates for Framingham Superintendent of Schools tonight at . The interviews are closed to the public. .
4. at 4 p.m. at Keefe Technical.
5. January is National Stalkers Awareness Month. More than 3 million people over the age of 18 are stalked each year in the United States.Three in 4 stalking victims are stalked by someone they know and 30% of stalking victims are stalked by a current or former intimate partner. Two out of every three stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily. Weapons are used to harm or threaten victims in 1 out of every 5 cases. Almost 33% of stalkers have stalked before. If at anytime you feel uncomfortable, you should contact the police.