Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Selectmen are scheduled to meet tonight at 7, following a closed door meeting in the On the agenda for the session closed to the public is and On the agenda for the session open to the public is a , the possibility of a fall Special Town Meeting and meeting dates for the Selectmen in the fall.
2. Framingham Library Trustee Elizabeth Fideler will discuss and sign her new book - Women Still at Work:Professionals Over Sixty and On the Job at in tonight at 7. This well-researched book tells the stories of hard-working women in many fields and the reasons they're still on the job, with a focus on women in the professional workforce.
3. There is a at Callahan Senior Center at 1:30 p.m.
4. Public is invited to a 60-minute session at the at 7 p.m.
5. The town is conducting a speed study on Dudley Road to collect date to present to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). The town is considering requesting a reduction in the posted speed limit. Findings of the study are expected to be discussed at a meeting Wednesday night by the Framingham Traffic and Roadway Safety Committee.
Also on the 7 p.m. agenda is discussion of traffic "calming measures" for Edmands Road. In April, and last month a .