Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. is holding a today from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in conjunction with Voluntary donations accepted.
2. is holding a from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3. A will be held at 10 a.m.
4. , an instrumental funk/jazz band will perform at tonight at 8. Tickets $18. This is a beer & wine night at the Center, too.
5. The Opening Ceremonies of the 2012 London Olympics was on TV Friday night. Did you enjoy it? What was your favorite part? Post photos of any events you and your family participate in.
Today, July 28 in London, there will be finals in swimming, including the 400IM with Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte. Also in swimming Missy Franklin, a 17-year old from Aurora, Co will go for her first Olympic medal. She is competing in seven events.
USA Women's soccer team is in action and heavily favored against a Colombian team. U.S. Men's Gymnastics team has qualifying rounds today.The American Women's basketball team also have a game today.
Defending gold medalists Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh start their quest for a three-peat in beach volleyball today. The U.S. Women's volleyball, favored to medal, will also compete.