Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Yesterday, Framingham Girl Scouts, from kindergarten through high school, came to to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts. There are more than 450 Girl Scouts in Framingham and the girls celebrated by forming the number "100." The Daisy Scouts formed the "1." A large group of Brownie Scouts formed one "0" and Junior and Cadette Scouts formed the other "0." Juliette Gordon Low created Girl Scouts in 1912, after meeting the Boy Scout founder in England. Tuesday's event was a way for all Girl Scouts in Framingham to celebrate the milestone.
2. continues tonight at . Cost $1 to register starting at 5:30. Meet starts at 6. All ages, all abilities. The events included in each of the meets include: 50 meter dash, 100 meter dash, 200 meter dash, 400 meter dash, 800 meter dash and 1 mile distance events as well as long jump, softball throw and a 400 meter relay. All events, whenever practicable, are staged in age-graded and often gender-segregated heats. For more info visit: http://www.gfrcrun.org/summertrack.htm
3. has re-opened. Who has stopped by for ice cream already? Lunch?
4. The will hold its at 7 at
5. Tonight at its Tickets $10. Show starts at 8.