Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Patch wants to help readers use our site more effectively, to learn about what is happening around the area and to share information. This morning, we are holding our first Patch Academy, at the conference room from 9 to 10:30 a.m. (The Chamber is located at 1671 Worcester Rd in Suite #201.) Stop by at 8:30 a.m. for coffee, tea and pastries. Program and Q&A begins at 9 a.m.
2. Tonight is the public hearing on the Framingham Superintendent of School's budget he presented to the School Committee last Tuesday. Hearing starts at 7:30 p.m. in the .
3. Framingham Selectmen are scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the , following a closed session hearing. On the agenda is to vote on an entertainment license for a children's zoo to visit Saxonville, a new all-alcohol license for the Isla Lounge at 692 Waverley St., discussion on the Musterfield project and update from the , discussion on expanding the tax base with the Community and Economic Development Director and from the Building Commissioner regarding code enforcement.
4. There are still openings in the new P. Classes and rehearsals start today at 4:30 p.m. The 10 week, 90-minute session cost $160.
5. Getting dolled up for a fundraiser is a pain. The gowns, makeup, tuxedoes, etc. That's why the is inviting Framingham residents to a NO SHOW BALL, where you do NOT attend. Go online and purchase your "virtual tickets" for only $5 to an event that will not be taking place. By doing this, all the proceeds will go towards the development of children in the Metrowest community and not towards an extravagant fundraising event. The No Show Ball is scheduled for April 1, April Fool's Day. Purchase Virtual Tickets at this link.