1. Let's Go Fly A Kite: Today at Bose Mountain from noon to 4 p.m. is the 11th Annual Kite Day. Presented by The Autism Alliance of Metro West along with The Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation For Autism, Inc, the event free event features balloons, face painting, kite flying, giveaways, music and magic! The Department and will be on hand printing fingerprints and letting children explore their fire trucks, cruisers, motorcycles and ambulances!
2. Happy May Day! Traditions hold that children made maskets out of branches, twigs and flowers. The giving of baskets became part of the Maypole and May day festivities. Baskets are often filled with candy or flowers and then placed on people's doorsteps or tied to the door handle, as they ring the doorbell and dash away before they are caught. Yesterday, at the Earth Day Festival was selling may day baskets.
3. Broadway veteran Sue Anne Gershenzon will hold a master voice class on today, May 1 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the . She will offer performance tips and vocal coaching during the class. Tickets for the class, which is best suited for middle school students and older, are $10. (Performing Arts students receive a $3 discount.) Call 508-875-5554 for tickets.
4. invites the public to a free performance of and Deborah Costine's new production of Turtle's New Home at 1 p.m.
5. will hold a Blessing of the Animals service at 3 p.m. in the Greeley Courtyard at First Parish. Residents are encouraged to bring a pet to be blessed, if he or she is up to crowd dwelling. Otherwise bring a picture to represent your loved one. There will also be a time to remember pets we have lost.