Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. There is a benefit Saturday, May 5 at 4 p.m. at the Natick Am Vets for freshman Michael Eden, a Framingham teen, suffering from Rabdomyosarcoma, a disease in which cancer cells form in muscle tissue. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids. There will be a pasta dinner, meat shoot, raffles and music. If you would like to donate any raffle items please bring them by the Natick Am Vets the day of the benefit. Donations can be made out to Vicki Bomba and mailed to 17 Sycamore Rd., Shrewsbury 01545.
2. is holding a fundraiser event at in today. At 6:30 p.m. students will do poetry readings and at 7 their will be a performance of the recorder club.
3. Congrats to Flyer Alex Gibbons, who pitched a no hitter in yesterday's win over Brookline. won 23-3, with the sophomore on the mound.
4. Do you suffer from allergies? Stop by today from noon to 4 p.m. and Ask the Herbalist questions. Director of Education for Gaia Herbs Bill Chioffi will answer questions on allergies, immune system, sleep, stress and diet.
5. Framingham's Annual Town Meeting resumes tonight at 7:30 in at the Memorial Building. This is night 4. Town Meeting will begin with article 19 out of a 40-plus article warrant. If you missed, , or click on the links to read Framingham Patch's live blogs. We will be live blogging again tonight.