Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Selectmen approved a license for Brooklyn Water Bagels at 341 Cochituate Rd. That is the same plaza with Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Boston Market. Learn more about Brooklyn Water Bagels, here. No date yet on the grand opening, but we'll post when we know more.
2. Did you eat too much this holiday weekend? Need to lose a few pounds? Conciser taking the Bellyicious class at Diosa Dance Yoga Health at 5 p.m.
3. Framingham Park & Recreation Department will offer ski or snowboarding lessons beginning in January. The lessons are for children in Grades 4-12 and will take place Sunday mornings at Nashoba Valley Ski Area in Westford.
The fee includes transportation, a 1-hour lesson, and 2-hours of unsupervised
skiing or snowboarding. Registration begins Dec. 6 for Framingham residents at 9 a.m. The fee for 6 lessons, starting Jan. 6, is $275.
4. Edwards Church is offering Yoga for Youth in grades 5-8 at 4:30 p.m. Cost $12.
5. Framingham Rotary Club's annual Internet auction continues today and runs through Dec. 5 at 10 p.m.