Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The annual will take place today, starting at 11 a.m. in Natick. Sponsored by the , more than 1,000 runners are expected to participate in the 3.1 mile race. Motorists should expect delays in the area of Union St near the hospital to facilitate the runners late morning and early afternoon. Runners may still register between 9 and 10:45 a.m. today
2. Support and enjoy ben & Jerry's ice cream at the same time today between 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Ben & Jerry's in Natick. No coupon needed. Anyone who orders between those two hours, the ice cream store will donate 25% of the sales to the Flyers team.
3. Today is the at . Every intramural player will play a soccer game with their team and receive food and a souvenir t-shirt. Between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. a New England Revolution player will be on hand for photos and autographs. There will also be activities, food, etc.
4. event today, starting at noon. Spend a day with your grandchildren focusing on insects and plants. Explore the Garden with a special scavenger hunt, try some pollinator games, learn the "bee" dance, talk to costumed creatures in the Garden and make a "buggy" craft to take home.
5. Starting today the will be open on Sundays from 2 to 5 p.m. Also returning today is the library's program.