.

UPDATED: Owner: 'Explosion' Closes Samba Steak and Sushi Restaurant

Samba Steak and Sushi Restaurant was forced to close tonight, June 21 due to an explosion caused by the heat melting some electrical wires.

was forced to close tonight, June 21 due to an explosion caused by the heat, according to owner Joseph Zhang.

The heat melted some electrical wires outside the building that caused the explosion, Zhang said.

has already left the scene and NSTAR is at the Route 9 restaurant trying to restore power, said Zhang in a phone interview just before 7 p.m.

Zhang said there was no damage to the inside of the restaurant. He said if NSTAR fixes the wires tonight, he'd like to re-open tonight.

Framingham Patch will update when we learn more.

Jim Rizoli June 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Heat melted electrical wires?? That must of been some heat. To melt the insulation on electrical takes a LOT of heat, a lot more than 95 F. Wires are rated by the insulation surrounding the copper or aluminum wire. So for the insulation to melt is pretty strange. If this were the case we'd have a lot more problems happening all over the place. Can't wait to hear what officially happened. If the wires were old I suppose the insulation could of been cracked. Jim@ccfiile.com
Ron king June 22, 2012 at 02:43 PM
Probably a grease fire, from old goo on the wires.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »