Fire Temporarily Displaces Two Families

The incident happened late Friday night.

Two families totaling six people are temporarily displaced during this holiday weekend, after an electrical fire in their home late Friday night.

The fire at 400 Concord St. around 11:45 p.m. caused $15,000 in damage, Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Burns said today. The fire was "largely contained" to the space "between the second and third floors," and firefighters extinguished it within about 15 minutes, he said.

Firefighters responded to the two-family home after one of the families reported smelling smoke coming from a light fixture, Burns said.

The first firefighters responding called for additional help after they "saw some some smoke coming from the fixture, and also smelled an odor," he said.

No injuries were reported, Burns said.

The residents "might be several days" away from being allowed to return home, he said.

American Red Cross of Eastern Masachusetts spokesman Ashley Studley said the Red Cross is providing a hotel and emergency funds for the family of four.

The second family is "staying with friends," she said.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »