1. Framingham has three state representatives. First-term representative Chris Walsh, D-Framingham, is running unopposed. State Rep. Tom Sannicandro, D-Ashland, is being challenged by , a Republican. This looks to be a heated race. Framingham's newest state representative Tom Conroy, D-Wayland, who represents precinct 3 in Saxonville is also being challenged by
2. Congressman Ed Markey will have a Republican challenger in the fall. and Frank Addivinola are trying try to unseat the U.S. Representative, who has held the seat since 1976.
3. One of the hottest political races in the commonwealth is for U.S. Senate between first-term senator Scott Brown and democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren. Both have made visits to Framingham this year and will likely be in town again before you go to vote in November.
4. 2012 is a presidential election year. Incumbent Barack Obama will be challenged by former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.
5. For issues, Framingham voters are interested in the economy, jobs creation, education and illegal immigration and the. One of the reasons illegal immigration is a hot-button issue is that the President of the United States' uncle, Onyango Obama, 67, was arrested by
He has since gotten a new driver's license and continues to work at in Framingham.
Framingham is also home to a large Brazilian population; but a study, based on 2007 data, estimated 71 percent of the region's adult Brazilian immigrants were living here illegally.
Ballot: There could be as many as four initiatives on the fall ballot.