More than 70 individuals applied, but Tuesday night the School Committee announced the 15 people who will be charged with finding three finalists who could be hired as Framingham's next Superintendent of Schools.
Superintendent of Search Screening Committee members are:
* School Committee Chair Beverly Hugo, a parent of a Framingham High student
* School Committee Vice Chair David Miles, a parent of a student
* Principal Paula Del Prete
* Principal Kim Taylor
* Judy Friedland - a and SAGE teacher and former Ashland School Committee member
* Framingham Teachers' Association President Sam Miskin, a Framingham High math teacher
* Framingham Director of School Health Services Judith Styer
* Chair of the Standing Committee on Education and Town Meeting member Melanie Goddard, who is also a technology specialist at
* Michael Phipps - and parent and Partners in Education/Genzyme
* Susan Arndt - former co-president of tthe Framingham Special Education Advisory Council (FSEPAC)
* Scott Greenberg - assistant vice president of academic affairs and dean of continuing education and a parent of a Fuller Middle and Framingham High student
* Ernest Herrman - President of and a parent of students at , Walsh Middle and Framingham High
* Viviana Vilches - co-president of the Bilingual Parent Advistory Council and parent of students at Barbieri and Framingham High
* Ken Ferguson - Deputy Chief
* Susanne Olson - TWPTO rep from
The School Committee, in a press release issued Tuesday night, said it expects finalists to be chosen by the screening committee will be announced to the School Committee in late January.
The next step will be for the finalists to meet the School Committee, at which time public forums will be announced.
The School Committee's goal is to announce a new superintendent of school no later than March 2012.
The first meeting of the new Superintendent Search Screening Committee is scheduled for Nov. 30 at library.
Also during Tuesday night School Committee meeting will were live blogging during the consultant's presentation to the School Committee.