Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Congrats to author Kevin Swope, editor James Parr, photographer Lynne Damianos and designer Lisa Breslow Thompson on the sell out of their book: The Saxonville Mills: Three Centuries of Industry in Framingham at their book launch party.
A book signing and launch party was held Friday night in conjunction with the . Although they sold out Friday night, more copies will be available by this weekend. Swope will be presenting Saxonville Mills "Indurance" at the Sunday, May 6 at 12:30 p.m. as part of the . This 206-page book features an extensive history and 300 photographs of the mills from 1659 to the present day. A portion of the proceeds from book sales will benefit the Framingham History Center and Friends of Saxonville.
2. at over the weekend in anticipation of the .
3. The will continue its site assignment hearing for the tonight. located next to . As this likely will be the last hearing, the public is invited to provide testimony. The hearing begins at 7 at Wilson Elementary School.
4. at at 4 and at Framingham High at 4. Cheer on the local teams.
5. Kudos to the Framingham Sierra Club for a very successful . Framingham Patch will have a slideshow of photos up later today.