Tuesday night, the Framingham School Committee recognized Framingham's best WordMasters.
The WordMasters program in the Framingham Public Schools is sponsored by the gifted and talented program (SAGE), overseen by director Diane Modest. The program is offered to all students in grades 3-8 in the Framingham Public Schools.
This year, three students in Framingham scored nationally. They were:
- Atharva Weling of Hemenway Elementary, Grade 5
- Katie Ellsworth of Fuller Middle, Grade 6
- Varun Tekur of Walsh Middle, Grade 8
- Molly O'Mara, Hemenway Elementary, grade 3
- Aditya Weling, Hemenway Elementary, grade 3
- Jake Cahn, Potter Road Elementary, grade 3
- Noah Marshall, Hemenway Elementary, grade 4
- Martine Schwan, Potter Road Elementary, grade 4
- Sophie Stick, McCarthy Elementary, grade 5
- Ayushi Shirke, Walsh Middle, grade 7
Working to solve the analogies helps students learn to think both analytically and metaphorically, said Modest.
Each student was awarded a WordMasters medal and given a certificate.