The positions report to the Framingham Public Schools Director of Community Resource Development Joseph Corazzini.
Through a collaborative effort with school staff and the community, the "Coordinator’s role is to provide a high quality after school program experience to students that complement the education they receive in the classroom. With a strong focus on project based learning, the program supports students by building and improving skill sets useful both today and tomorrow," according to the job description.
"The Coordinator’s responsibility is to create a fun, engaging and highly academic environment where students are expected to meet the same standards and encouraged to find their own path to achieving them. Through new and innovative strategies like STEM, Service Learning, Entrepreneurial programming or Socio-emotional based clubs we work to create students better prepared for college and beyond."
Responsibilities, according to the job posting:
• Review data on student performance prior to and after program entry. Devise reports and recommendations from analysis.
• Plan and implement effective activities.
• Supervise and evaluate instructional and non-instructional staff.
• Support the Director of Community Resource Development in grant writing and reporting.
• Manage and supervise the day-to-day operation of the 21 Century site.
• Communicate with families to assure high-quality program services and support to enrolled children.
• Supervise enrichment, recreational and academic tutoring lessons.
• Ensure site staff and programmatic activities comply with school district,
Massachusetts Department of Early and Secondary Education and 21 Century Community Learning Center rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Order approved materials and distribute as needed.
• Organize staff development activities and attend required staff development activities.
• Periodically review teachers’ tracking of student progress.
• Identify, approach, recruit, and develop new community partnerships.
• Travel to and from site locations.
The coordinator job is a 12-month position, Monday through Friday for 19.75 hours per week. It pays $17 an hour.
Looking for a new job, your first job or an additional job? Framingham Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town.
Know of an opening that isn't listed here? Share the details in the comments section.