The full time math coach would report to the Principal with input from the Framingham Public Schools Chief Academic Officer and PreK-8 STEM coordinator.
The Title I ELA Interventionist is a part-time position at 19.5 hours, who would report to McCarthy Elementary Principal Matt Hanlon.
Both positions were posted on the Framingham Public Schools website on Dec. 20.
McCarthy is one of the district's eight elementary schools. It was recently downgraded by the state to a level 3 school.
The full-time math coach, according to the job posting on the school district's website, would be responsible for:
- Working with classroom teachers to improve teaching and learning, through classroom demonstrations, co-teaching, lesson study and mentoring
- Engaging teachers, as the school data team co-facilitator and math coach, in the analysis of data from a variety of sources to improve instruction
- Assisting teachers as they evaluate students’ strengths and weaknesses and identify appropriate classroom interventions strategies and techniques
- Assisting in the development of the district/school professional development programs, including delivering and facilitating math workshops and programs as well as job-embedded activities.
- Working collaboratively and participate in district-wide discussions with the K-8 Math Coordinator, Elementary Math Coaches, Middle School Math Department Heads and the Director of Curriculum and Staff Development about math teaching and learning.
- Participating in the review and revision of the district’s Math curriculum
Looking for a new job, your first job or an additional job? Framingham Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town.
Know of an opening that isn't listed here? Share the details in the comments section.