Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The Framingham Farmers' Market opens for the season today on the , at Edgell Road and Vernon Street. The market is open noon to 5:30 p.m. There are several new vendors.
2. , The Official, Definitive History of America's Most Beloved Ballpark at the in tonight at 7. The public event is free, however a copy of the book, with receipt from any Barnes & Noble, is required to join the signing line.
3. Wayside will celebrate its 35th anniversary at an event at the Sheraton Framingham tonight. begins at 6 p.m. and will be presented with the Donald S. Keller Community Leadership Award. Tickets are $100 each. Founded in 1977, is a non-profit, human services agency with residential treatment programs, and community-based counseling services for thousands of children, youth and families throughout Eastern and Central Massachusetts.
4. The Malden High girls softball defeated in the state quarterfinals Wednesday. Congrats to a great season Flyers!
5. Barnstable High defeated in baseball Wednesday 6-1, to end the Flyers season. Congrats to a great season, including an upset win over BC High in the playoffs.