Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. , with sponsorship from is hosting a on the The encampment is free but admission to other events will require a button - $5 per person. They will be sold on site and at the and at . Parking is expected to be tight around the common today, so residents are encouraged to park at and and take the free shuttle bus available every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The camp will be open today from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
These are several events, but please visit www.framinghamhistory.org for a complete schedule:
- 9 to 11 a.m. drill and demonstrations
- 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. cannon firing
- 10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Authors' Book Signing!
- 12:30 to 1;30 p.m. - Suds n' Scrub and Ice Cream Social, with the Framingham Girl Scouts
- 4 p.m. - The Life of a Civil War Soldier - a Guided Tour
- 7 to 8:30 p.m. - Music hoe-down
- There is a treasure hunt for kids & families from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. The today at 10 a.m. Registration at 9 a.m. - onsite is $30. Race begins at 10 a.m. and party afterwards at 11 a.m. Cost for party/pizza and games is $5 per person. The event is expected to end at noon.
3. today and tomorrow, May 6 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Take a tour of the grounds and facilities. The Club is now offering a trial/no bond membership for the summer.
4. There is a at 4 p.m. at the Natick Am Vets for Keefe Regional Technical School freshman , a Framingham teen, suffering from Rabdomyosarcoma, a disease in which cancer cells form in muscle tissue. If you would like to donate any raffle items please bring them by the Natick Am Vets the day of the benefit. Donations can be made out to Vicki Bomba and mailed to 17 Sycamore Rd., Shrewsbury 01545.
5. It's not really a holiday but many will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo today.