On Saturday, June 16 the are celebrating their 100th birthday and flag day with a community celebration from noon to 6 at the
The Elks will be hosting a free outdoor concert at The Lodge, featuring two bands.
"Picture Concerts on the Common but on pavement," said Ernest J. Moreau
of the Board of Directors of the Framingham Elks.
There will be two bands and a couple of presentations.
The event is free and open to the public but the Elks are asking attendees to help them send supplies to Veterans.
"We have sent over 1,300 pounds of supplies to Afghanistan in the last 10 months alone," said Moreau.
Some suggestions for items to donate to the cause include:
- Tuna in the foil packs
- Candy (M&Ms)
- Power Bars and Drinks (5-hour energy drinks the soldiers love these)
- Trail Mix, Beef Jerky and Slim Jims
- Soups or noodles that just need water
- Hot Cocoa, Cofee or Tea (temperature drops drastically at night in Afghanistan)
- Travel-size items (3 ounces or less) of the following: Moisturizing Eye Drops, Dental Floss, Neosporin, Toothbrushes, Shampoo, Body Wash, Tums/Rolaids, Tylenol/Aspirin/Advil, Wet Wipes, Mosquito Wipes/ Bug Spray (non-aerosol), Sunscreen, water-less Hand Soap
- Writing Tablets, Pens, Permanent Markers
- Puzzle Books
- Duct Tape (sand color only)
- Razors and Shaving Cream
- Throat Lozengers
The Elks do a lot of community events in town.