At a time when the economy has made reducing support of non-profits the order of the day, the , a collaborative initiative of the and the , is doing its part to engage, educate and empower women and girls in the region.
In its second year, the Alliance awarded grants to:
- New Hope, for their Shelter Economic Empowerment program
- . for their Teen Safe Program
- for their SMART Girl Program
- Spina Bifida Association for their BLING Teen Empowering program
- Town of Holliston for their Rape Defense (RAD) program
- Nashoba Regional High School for their RAD extension program
In 2011 the Alliance distributed 15 mini-grants to MetroWest non-profit organizations who run programs that empower women and girls of all ages.
Mini-Grant applications are available in May and November and can be accessed at www.uwotc.org/mwa.For additional information contact Leanne Cordischi at email@example.com or at 508-370-4857.