Feel free to add events you think are worthy in the comment box below or post a event in the Framingham Patch calendar.
Cheer on the Flyers: Framingham High will battle Waltham High at Bowditch Field at 7 p.m. It's the home opener for the Flyers, who are 0-1 on the season. Framingham Patch will have a photographer at the game and post a slide show later.
- Biggest Loser Running Flyer 5K: Participate in the Flyer 5K Breakaway Run/Walk Saturday morning. You can register the morning of the event. The Biggest Loser winner (from season 10), Patrick House is scheduled to participate in the 5K. Framingham Patch will have a photographer at the event and post a slide show later.
- Help Clean Up Framingham: Join OARS for the 27th Annual River Cleanup of the Assabet, Sudbury and Concord rivers. Meet in Framingham at 69 Little Farms Rd. at 9 a.m. Saturday. OARS asks that volunteers pre-register. Click here for more details.
- Electronics Recycling Day: Gather all those unwanted/non-functioning electronics cluttering up your home and bring them to Plymouth Church, 87 Edgell Rd. Anything with a plug is accepted. For more details click here.
- Explore the Old Shoppers World: Framingham History Center is holding a free open house at Edgell Memorial Library today from 1 to 4 p.m. There will be children's activities and free admission to both the Shoppers' World 1951-1994 exhibition and our permanent Civil War exhibition. Bring the children and take part in a self-paced family adventure "Exploring Historic Spaces...Inside and Out."
- Because the Night: 10,000 Maniacs will take the stage at the Violet Jam at The Verve in Natick Saturday night for a 21-plus performance. Tickets are still available. "Together with artists like R.E.M., 10,000 Maniacs defined college rock and created the first wave of alternative rock bands and what became known as the alternative rock format on FM radio. By producing, manufacturing and marketing their own recordings 10,000 Maniacs were the original “indie” band before signing with Elektra Records and making The Wishing Chair in 1985." Hit songs included Because The Night, These are Days, Trouble Me, What's the Matter Here? and More Than This.
- Soccer Jamboree: Framingham United Soccer Club will hold its annual soccer jamboree from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Merchant Field.
- Congressional Debate: There will be a debate tonight at Framingham State University's Dwight Hall at 7 of the seven Democrats seeking to win the congressional seat formerly held by Sen. Ed Markey. The debate is free and sponsored by the Framingham, Ashland, Holliston, Natick, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, & Weston Democratic Town Committees. For more details, click here.