Feel free to add events you think are worthy in the comment box below or post a event in the Framingham Patch calendar.
- Oktoberfest Celebration: To help keep the Hoops & Homework program running, the program's advisory board is hosting an Oktoberfest celebration at the Framingham Elks Friday night from 7-11. Tickets are still available. Click here for additional information.
- Scottish Folk: The UnCommon Coffee House presents legendary Scottish folk artist Archie Fish with special guests the Jon McAuliffe Trio tonight at First Parish in Framingham. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 at the door and $14 for Senior 65+ or students under 21. Food and beverage also available.
- Looking for First Win: Framingham High School football team 0-3 and outscored 113-12, will play Needham for a 6 p.m. game. Go Flyers!
- Day of Spirit: Open Spirit: A Place of Hope, Health & Harmony, will hold a day-long event featuring laughter yoga, Reiki, mandala making, Tai Chi, Qi-Gong and more. Pre-registration suggested. For additional information, click here.
- Plymouth Church Fair: The Edgell Road church will hold its annual fair Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event features a Charming Country Store, Halloween costume shop, pony rides, petting zoo, a huge white elephant shop, cookie walk and so much more. Click here for more details.
- Saxonville Concert: Join The Friends of Saxonville for community, culture and cuisine — a reception and concert to benefit the Restoration of The Athenaeum Community Hall Saturday night at 7. Event highlights include hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar of fine wine and beer, a brief review of the planned restoration of The Athenaeum Community Hall, a concert of Baroque period selections for harpsichord and flute by The Hunt Trio and the event is topped off with desserts, coffee and tea. Tickets are limited and are $50 per person.
- Wayside5K4Kids: The 4th Annual Wayside's 5K4Kids is Saturday morning. Expect road detours or traffic delays near Cushing Memorial Park. To learn more and to register, click here.
- Barbieri 5K: The elementary school will hold its annual 5K walk/run in the morning. To register and for more details, click here.
- Cameron & Stapleton Run the Gauntlet: Stapleton Elementary and Cameron Middle schools have teamed up for a fun 1.5 mile obstacle course event Sunday morning. For additional information and to register, click here.
- Drop Into Art: Danforth Art's popular program for children and families returns today from 2-4 p.m. Explore works of art through hands-on activities in the Museum and then create art in the school's studios. Free admission for children and families 2-4 p.m. on the first Sunday of every month.
Editor's Note: Posted at 7:01 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3.
Updated with additional photos.