Visiting the Amazing Things Arts Center Framingham residents can discover music, visual arts, theatre, children's programming and more. The Center has produced more than 1,000 events with more than 35,000 attendees since it opened in May 2005.
The Center has more than 500 members and almost 200 volunteers. Amazing Things hosts more than 300 events a year under the leadership of Director Michael Moran
Originally housed in a storefront in Saxonville, in May 2007 Framingham Town Hall Meeting voted to lease the historic downtown Hollis Street Firehouse to Amazing Things Arts Center for $1 a year for 50 years. Afterwards, the Amazing Things Board raised more than $250,000 in cash and resources donated to renovate the firehouse to its present condition.
Membership levels start at $35 for students and senior citizens. Family membership range from $60 to $1,000.
- Hours: Noon-6pm, Tues-Sat
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2004
- Buy tickets online [link]: tickets.amazingthings.org/TheatreManager/1/login&event=0
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Art specialties: Multimedia, Painting, Sculpture
- Size of screens: Medium
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock