BLOCKS is the Framingham Public School preschool program, housed at the King Building. BLOCKS stands for Building Learning Opportunities for Children's Kindergarten Success. The Preschool program is taught by certified early childhood teachers. Full day and half day options are available for a fee. Before school program starting at 7am and an after school program until 5pm also is available for a fee. The school has a policy of a maximum o f 18 children per class with one teacher and aide.
BLOCKS has an active PTO, which meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm. The PTO hosts monthly spirit days, among other events.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be age three by August 31 to attend BLOCKS. Children must also be toilet-trained.
For additional information contact the preschool of the Framingham Public Schools' Parent Information center located in the same King Building.
- Fax: 508-788-1059
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 2:45pm, full day. A half-day schedule is an option.
- Founding Date: 1986
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of students: 275
- Male-to-female ratio: 55-45
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: NAEYC
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15-1
- Number of faculty: 18
- Features: Jungle gym, See-saw, Slides, Swings
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No pets, No smoking
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 3 to 5
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: Yes