Bowditch Field Athletic and Cultural Complex (Framingham Parks a
Drag box to select area
100% Were impressed
Bowditch Field Athletic and Cultural Complex was named for Nathaniel Bowditch, a 1908 charter member of the Framingham Parks and Recreation and owner of Milwood Farm in 1946, a year after he died. Bowditch Field, maintained by the Framingham Parks and Recreation Department, is the home of the Framingham Flyers. It dates back to 1917, when the Town of Framingham agreed to purchased the fair grounds to be used as athletic fields. The Field has a long history. In the 1920s, a semi-pro football team the Lion Tamers played on the field. The first high school game was played in 1924. In 1936, the Boston Braves, a NFL franchise practiced at the field. In 1937, that team became the Washington Redskins. In 1958, high school graduation ceremonies were moved to Bowditch Field. And between 1963-1990, Framingham North and Framingham South played football before the field's largest crowds. Night lights were added in 1985. In 1997, the Boston Renegades, a professional womens soccer team played its inaugural season at Bowditch. The team continued to play there through 2008. In Nov. 2009, after approval from Town meeting, renovations began on the current field complex.
475 Union Ave, Framingham, MA 01702
- Accessible: yes