Fuller Middle School
Fuller Middle School is one of three middle schools in the Framingham Public School System. Students in the sixth through the eighth grades attend this school. Currently, McCarthy Elementary and Brophy Elementary feed into this middle school. The school also houses an English as a Second Language (ESL) program in Spanish and Portuguese. For almost 50 percent of the students, English is not their first language. About one out of every four students receive special education services.
The school is named after Dr. Solomon Fuller and his wife Meta Fuller, a famous sculptor. Both were active residents of Framingham. The school is housed in the former Framingham South High. It opened as a middle school in 1998. The school mascot is the Fuller Falcon and the school colors are onyx and jade.
Students follow a six-day rotation schedule. Every student is also part of an academic team. Principal Juan Rodriquez was named Massachusetts Middle School Principal of the Year in 2005. The school was identified as a Commonwealth Compass Exemplary School in 2002. The middle school's core values are "Respect, Responsibility and Results."
- Fax: 508-628-1308
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm. School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:10am - 2:25pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 512
- Male-to-female ratio: 50:50
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 56
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Fuller hosts a popular ESL program in town a couple of nights a week.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Jazz band,* Jazz choir, theatre, yearbook, student council, spirit team.*In 2009, the Fuller Jazz band was the Gold Medal Winner at the Great East Band Festival competition.
- Student clubs: Math Club, Drama Club. *Fuller Drama Club was the 2009, 2007 and 2006 Gold Medal winner. In 2008, the club was the 2008 Silver Medal winner of the Massachusetts Middle School Drama Guild competition.
- Sports teams: After-school sports, eighth-grade football, seventh- and eighth-grade basketball