La Cantina Italiana Ristorante
Now 64 years young, La Cantina remains a staple of the dining scene in Framingham. According to owner and executive chef Lee Mencoboni, "We continue to serve my mother's homemade recipes while staying up-to-date with current dining trends."
And while Italian dishes are the foundation of La Cantina, people may want to come for the romantic dining atmosphere.
La Cantina has a lunch buffet on Thursday and Friday and a Monday night dinner buffet. Sunday brunch is served only during holiday weekends.
Entering the restaurant, diners are immediately invited to the 10-stool bar area which has a gleaming granite countertop. Chilled wines and beer are stored in see-through refrigerators and the "top-shelf" items are lined up against the windowed and terraced wall at eye level.
The dining capacity is 150 and for parties of eight or larger, reservations are highly suggested, according to Mr. Mencoboni.
- Fax: 508-879-8027
- Hours: Daily, noon - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: From the parking lot to the front entrance
- Founding Date: 1946
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Natural, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Veal Osso Busso Veal or Chicken Saltimbocca 22-oz bone-in sirloin steak
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Bar Food, Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steak House
- Signature dishes: Veal Marsala Veal Scallopini
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Veal Osso Busso
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Suggested
- Number of tables: 150
- Features: Banquets, Buffet, Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Fun, Quiet, Romantic
- Dress code: casual